- Postman – Postman makes getting started with API and API Development a breeze. For a newbie, they make it very easy and there is a lot of documentation and guides out there surrounding Postman in use for testing and developing with numerous APIs.
- Microsoft Documentation on Connectors – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/connectors/connectors
Creating a Teams Connector
In order to receive data for Microsoft Teams we need to utilize a Connector. The connector we will be using is a “webook” for ingesting data. Your Connector will be associated on a per-integration basis for the channel that you want to receive the data in.
What is a webhook? Webhooks are one way that apps can send automated messages or information to other apps.
- Open Microsot Teams
- Navigate to your desired Team > Channel
- Click the three dots (…) next to the Channel > Connectors
- In the Search box, search “webhook“
- Press “Add” next to “Incoming Webhook”
- Press “Install” in the popup. (if prompted).
- Now, Press “Configure” to configure this webhooks.